Friday, April 13, 2018

RAIN!


Thursday, 12 April, 2018

Amazing to think that in only . . .

. . . more days . . .

. . . I'll be getting to shop again
in street markets all over Europe
like this one in Paris last October

Laurie does love her trinkets and cloth.

The main goal for the daytime was to pick up my Italian government issued work permit card in Varese.

The Varese Questura

It is the police station that includes an as usual overcrowded office for all things immigrant related.

I was there about an hour before the office reopened a 2:30 p.m. after he mandatory lunch break.

So I explored.

This looked interesting
  
Now a government building

Good repurposing

How can this fountain possibly
be dry after all f he an we've had?

Most of the garden was
closed for security reasons

 Dedicated to Varese's
WWII airplane pilots

 Lunch!

An arancini, a slice of pizza and an ice cold Fanta worked for me. 

I wonder how hot these
red peppers are?

Finally, it was time to queue up at the immigration office. I arrived it time to be #58 but the first number called was #19 so it was not quite so bad.

A lady I stood next to in the waiting room had #94.

Bureaucracy Italian style

While about 80 people crammed intthe waiting room, only one othe possible five windows was open while two men just gabbed away behind he glass.

Itook 90 minutes but finally I was a 100% documented Italian laborer!

Now for some Skorpion football . . . 

 It started to rain
during the u13 practice . . .

. . . and then the thunder, lightning and
deluge of biblical proportions hit!

When the lightning hit literally otoous, we called it a night about half way through practice.

Better off safe than dead is my motto

Reading Is FUNdamental

How many times can an author
writthe words brave, noble
and honest ione book?

BEAT THE RED JACKETS!

No comments: