Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cleaning, Packing and Practicing


Wednesday, 11 March, 2015:

Before I forget again . . .

GRACIAS Rosa!!!

Our as of yet unnamed granddaughter to be born in July has her first new, hand made binky courtesy of Rosa's knitting skills!

The morning was dedicated to more cleaning of La Hacienda and the laundering of all essential items before Laurie's arrival.

Mopping floors is not as much fun as some make it out to be.

After all of that toil, it was time for my morning four mile walk through the centro ciudad.

 Rust as Art

 My legs are getting longer

 What's this?

 Another modern church in Murcia?

This trend has got to stop!

But I like the buttress

Padre Joseico

Apparently he was the beloved parish priest at San Francisco Javier-San Antón for many years.

Monumento a La Capa Española

I need to buy one of these capes.

 Nice spot to stop and read a bit

Since I was close to the Bullfighting Museum and Café, I decided to pop in for a café con leche and to catch up on the local news.

 The Museum is free so I went in again

They have an interesting collection of bullfighting related painted tambourines.

Picador

Matador Resting

Ava Gardner

 Doña

Four against one

 Muleta

Suit of Lights

Bright colored señorita

 Corrida entrance from as
seen from the Goodyear blimp

Rejoñador

OLE!

Cape work

Intricate embroidery

Bullfight Art

After the museum, I entered a church that was both old and open for the first time since I've been here.

Holy Ghost

Mary in Lights

Commies just outside the same church

I would look SO good in this outfit!

Souvenirs of Murcia

The Cardinal's Vices

Located right next to the Cathedral, they sell ice cream and other desserts.

My cousins are Argentine

And so is Oscar Constante by the way.

Backside of the Cathedral
was looking good

As was the Cathedral's Bell Tower

Checkers anyone?

"Get your kicks on . . ."

Muscle I?

Alberto Talavera used to workout here but due to his intense workout habits he is now all the way up to level Muscle IV!

Just a group of guys
hanging out at lunch

Back at La Hacienda, it was time for a few final touches.

The heck with that . . .

If I know Laurie, flowers and two bottles of white wine are all the final touches La Hacienda needs.

 More day . . .

. . . until Laurie walks into
Madrid's Airport

Early Thursday morning I have a train to catch!

I'll have to call a cab to get me to the train station, which is about three miles from La Hacienda, in time for the 6:10 a.m. Renfe train to Madrid. The busses do not start running in Murcia until 7:00 a.m. and I don't want to cut it too close by walking to Murcia's Train Station.

I'm excited.

No comments: