Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Game Stadium and the Casque Argent


I spent most of Tuesday working on various Falcons football projects. Lots to do in a very short time.

Official Game Day Poster

Of course, time Kickoff Time is wrong, we are actually going to tee it up Saturday at 19h30, a.k.a., 7:30 p.m.

The price of two Euros ($2.62 USD) per ticket borders on NFL Super Bowl price gouging if you ask me! 

Stade Vuillermet

This will be the site of the National Championship game Saturday night. The seating capacity is 4,800 souls, not the paltry 3,000 I reported yesterday.

Let's see 4,800 x 2 Euros = . . . HEY, I NEED A PAY RAISE!!!

Just kidding.

The French Division III
National Championship
Silver Helmet Trophy

Reading Is FUNdamental


I finished reading this book on the bus ride to Toulouse last Sunday.

Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø has written nine books in his series featuring Oslo police officer Harry Hole . . . I know.

I had already read books three through nine in order. The Bat is book #1 in the series and was first published in 1997.

Even though his books have been a huge success, for some reason the first two books of the series have never been released in English.

It has been a bit annoying to read his other books that keep referring to what happens in The Bat but have no real idea of the details of that adventure.

I was glad that The Bat was finally made available to we English language readers, strange to find it in France. I now await Harry Hole's second book, The Cockroaches, to be translated and published some day soon.

6 comments:

David said...

Wouldn't 7:30 p.m. actually be 19h30?

George said...

You and Olivier are really starting to get under my skin!!!

Olivier R said...

Lol it s all my fault!

Anonymous said...

I would like to ear more about that :
"I spent most of Tuesday working on various Falcons football projects"

;)

David said...

Well, I knew if I didn't do it, Olivier would.

Olivier R said...

Lol.