Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to Work Tuesday


Up early this morning to do some serious house cleaning, I don't know what got into me.

In preparation for my weekend to the Île-de-France region, after being satisfied that The Villa was reasonably sanitary for human occupancy, I opted to get a hair cut and a beard trim at my usual salon de coiffure. A few blocks from it I discovered a shop that sells all sorts of . . .

Weapons

The brass knuckles looked affordable. They do sell hand guns and rifles as well but they were a tad out of my price range.

Looking sharper than I dared hope for, I headed to the library at Part-Dieu to pick up Season Three of The Mentalist. Our entertainment needs have been met for the next week at The Villa.

That task done, I then made my way to the Vieux Lyon and started to look for sustenance.

No, Closed Today


I still have not eaten at this interesting looking café.

One of Vieux Lyon's Older Gones


A dashing rogue don't you agree?

I'm getting hungry

This one was closed too

Spring Flowers

Cruel and Unusual Punishment!!

Another spot that I have enjoyed in the past was closed but they left this in their window just to see if it would irritate me.

It did.

Finally found my old standby, Chez Jackie, open and serving an excellent salmon plat de jour, I was saved.

No practice tonight, instead we will meet with the Senior team players at our stadium's clubhouse to go over the video of last Sunday's 41-6 win over the St-Cergues Bulldogs.

A huge MERCI to Junior offensive lineman Vivien Villard for going to the Senior game and once again doing an outstanding job filming the game. Vivien is a great asset to the Falcons!

Reading Is FUNdamental!!!


A truly hilarious look at Anglo-French historical relations over the past millennium.

Unless you are French perhaps.

O.K., only . . .

More Days until Paris is invaded!!!

If you can't tell, I'm getting really excited about this weekend!!!

9 comments:

Michael said...

Brass knuckles for Jacob's 1st birthday?

George said...

I should have thought of that!

Olivier R said...

A gone is supposed to be a kid in local slang, but i m sure the guy d have loved to be called a gone! Looking for a Friday lunch partner George or will it be a romantic meal with your bride?

George said...

It BETTER be a romantic meal with my bride I suspect.

George said...

He still looked like a gone to these old eyes.

Olivier R said...

Perfect george, i'm starting to plan a way to see you next month in Lyon. Papi proposed to have a Falcon dinner with him and Julien. I'll contact you directly when i know more...

George said...

Olivier,

AWESOME!!!

Excited to finally meet you in person.

George

Olivier R said...

i think you should yet save your travel friday of may 10th for me!!

George said...

GAME ON, Olivier!!!