Saturday, March 1, 2008

More Scenes From Roma



Las Vegas Oddsmakers Stunned

If you take out my black backpack, on the ground left, and my light colored jacket on top of the suitcase, this is all that Laurie brought for her three weeks in Sicilia!


Even in downtown Roma, Cuba's influence is felt!


Ad of the Day in Roma

I was with Laurie when we saw this ad near the Termini Station.

I didn't order any.

Yet.


Inside St. Peter's Basilica

Notice the lack of tourists.


A random pilgrim from St. Mary Magdalene Church in Camarillo, California


I wanted so much to ask them about the Da Vinci Code.


Laurie resting her bones at Piazza Navona


We are standing inside the wall of the Vatican City State

Pagan Roma can be seen outside of the wall.


A Swiss Guard on duty outside St. Peter's Basilica


The Swiss Guards usually work in pairs

If you read Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" he says that the Swiss Guards are trained as the equivalent of U.S. Army Green Berets.

What do you think?


The Pieta

The Swiss Guards are protecting it from potential attacks.


I can't get enough of the Trevi Fountain

The blond taking the picture was cute too.


I have a weakness for fountains.


Piazza Bernini near our hotel.

No comments: