Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Laurie's Last Day in Roma



Laurie Elizabeth Contreras

At one of my favorite fountains at Piazza Navona in Roma trying to ignore the second hand smoke behind her.


This morning we woke up at 4:00 a.m. to get a taxi back to Roma’s Leonardo da Vinci Airport for Laurie’s flight back to Camarillo. Everything went smoothly and I was able to walk with her all the way to the security check point/metal detectors before we had to part ways. At the last, I waved to her on the other side of the security entrance, blew her a kiss and turned to go to my terminal to catch my plane back to Catania. Suddenly I was hit by a big wave of negative emotion knowing I wouldn’t see her again for two months, it didn’t sit well. We will be together again in mid-May when I fly back to California for our youngest son Mike’s college graduation but that seems a long way away right now.

After 43 years together, the last 37 as a married couple, I guess I do really still love her!

1 comment:

The Lindermans said...

OH GEORGE (Frank to me) - You may have a rough and tough exterior, but I know you are just a bowl of mush inside! I love to read how much you love your wife....PRICELESS. Sometimes I feel like I am reading a romance novel on your blog!! I love it! :)